That awful feeling when your cell phone is falling from your hand and all you can do is watch as it bounces off the concrete.
You feel your lifeline to the world shattering as the pieces of the phone fly all over the place. And when you can’t put it back together because it’s just dead, you realize life just won’t be complete until you can replace it.
My phone went flying, and crashing, during the Prostate Cancer Foundation tour, and I can’t tell you how mad it made me. I got a new phone, but not all of the number transferred because there were so many that they all couldn’t fit on the SIM card. So I only had some of my numbers in the new phone, but not all of them.
I took the two phones to an AT&T Wireless store in New York. At first, it didn’t look good as my old phone was just dead, and it didn’t look like they would be able to transfer all the numbers.
But David Fitzgerald and Steve Kushnir saved me, as they were able to get the job done. There are three types of people, just like there are three types of ball players: the first makes it happen, the second watches it happen and the third wonders what has happened. David and Steve made it happen, and they did so through endless effort and tremendous self confidence; they knew they could get the job done.
You see, 80% of the people you tell your problems to don’t care and the other 20% are glad that you have them. But David and Steve cared, and took the time to make a difference and really help me out in a time of need.
David and Steve, thank you very much for your help. You are both great assets to AT&T Wireless, as you represented the company to the highest degree of class, dignity and character. I sincerely appreciate your help, and my last piece of advice to each of you is to remember this: If you don’t pull for the Dodgers there is a good chance you may not make it to heaven!